Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What A Character!

Since I first heard the story about the guy named Michael Devlin who kidnapped those two kids, I've been trying to figure out why the name "Michael Devlin" sounds so damned familiar. Searching today I found that there is:

Michael Devlin, private equity investor
Michael Devlin, musician
Michael Devlin, kidnapping suspect

The name is also that of 3 different fictional characters, including a Marvel Comic character, otherwise known as "Knight of St. George".

It seems to me, though, that the name is also attached to some T.V. character from way back when, but I just can't think of from what show. I get a "Knight Rider" type feeling from it.

Anybody out there have any idea about that?

4 comments:

DC Liar said...

There was a mid 70's Evel Kenevel rip-off cartoon called "Devlin". More recently, that character has shown up on "Harvey Birdman - Attorney at Law" on Adult Swim.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139981/

DC Liar said...

Here's a link to a comprehensive character search for 'Devlin' from IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/Character?Devlin

edP said...

I loved Devlin. They were actually a family of daredevils if I remembered correctly.

I think they lived in an RV. No daredevils or carnies have ever done that before.

I like the new digs, but the Old Dog w/ the glasses thing is going to give me a fucking seizure.

P-Dizzle said...

I come to the blog just to watch the O.D. do the glasses thing.

About Me

My photo
Wise beyond my years.