Sunday, October 08, 2006
Scaring Myself
Help me. I'm looking at Rich Whitney as a choice that I might actually make at the ballot box.
And, no, the color choice of my blog has not been a precursor to any radical political departure for me.
Someone, anybody (edp, olekobe, liar, P Dawg), tell me why I'm thinkin' crazy. Is it the bad, bad cold that I'm recovering from, the dextromethorphan or something else. Jeanz, feel free to tell me why I'm not crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


17 comments:
Alright already, I got the stupid Blogger ID so I can comment. I hope you're proud of yourself.
As to Whitney - never heard of the guy. A 20-minute romp through his website yielded two positive things: (1) he has a sense of humor (the photo on the parkbench), and (2) he wants to raise state income tax. I don't have a problem with that.
The negatives make a more troubling list. (1) Not much in the way of specific plans, and what plans he does unveil are simply too overbroad - they'd be impossible to achieve in one or even two terms; (2) lots of Blago-bashing and historical diatribes, not much legitimate argument; and, possibly worst, (3) far too much wishful thinking (we can negotiate single-payer healthcare! I can veto a presidential call-up of the Guard! We can train thousands of people to become doctors and engineers in a matter of months!).
In short - he isn't much different from anyone else. I don't know how close the race is between Blago and Pinky, but I doubt B would get a slam-dunk - which means a vote for Whitney is a vote for Pinky.
Now that I've gone to all this trouble for you, I'm hoping you won't go another 3 weeks (or was it 4?) without tending to your blog.
Jeanz, nicely put, but I can simplify this for the Old Dog.
Parkbench photo with Lincoln statue - not really funny. Shirt - funny, but in a "laughing AT you" kind of way.
As for the others, I actually find "Pinky" to be more amusing than Blago. Since politics in Illinois is all committed underground, why not be entertained?
Either way - yecch! A few weeks ago I received some state election propoganda in the mail. I looked at it in disgust and said to my kid that I wanted a "none of the above" option on the ballot. She said "Oh no! Don't tell me you're becoming a Pedestrian."
If these are the only haircut choices we have then I gotta go with this guy. Judy Barr Topinka is the absolute worst with Rod somewhere in between.
Oh, c'mon! Look at the guy! He just seems so well meaning. I kinda like the park bench photo. I hope that if he does get elected that he'll try to use the gaurd to go to war with Wyoming to get back at that dasterdly Cheney!
I'm going totally pinko! Pinko Dog!
You're not crazy--any vote is a "wasted" vote in this election. Send a massage to Springsfeld! Tell them "enuff bs!"
I think you should run, P Dawg! I'd vote for you. Hell, obviously, I'd vote for anybody! Not that you wouldn't be a good governor. If you did win, I would insist that you do a Schwarteneger impression during your entire term, or however long it would take to run you out, all Cruz B style.
I'm writing in "The Old Dog."
Do I need to bury my guns?
I say "Go for it". This guy is definitely the "Fuck-You" (read: Nader) candidate in this one.
A vote for Pinky McTreehugger is a vote against the Blaggoff.
Can I vote for the statue of Lincoln?
Blagojevich and Topinka... They actually even kinda look the same. Same hair, same not-quite-male/not-quite-female look about 'em.
As far as Whitney, it actually looks like the statue of Honest Abe is checking out something over Whitney's shoulder...
All you need to do, OD, is drink 13 Wild Turkeys. It'll all work out in the end, I promise.
I heard the guy on WGN radio the other day. Seems like a fairly genuine, well-rounded human being. It's more than I can say for the other two, and that's good enough for me. He does plan on making the revenue streams more 'progressive' by raising the state income tax to 5% for everyone (w/ the lower incomes receiving an earned income credit to offset it), while also raising property taxes or something on the richest 20%. According to him, the bottom 40% of incomes pay about 80% of the taxes in Prairieland. At the very least, the Illinois Combine wouldn't know what to do with the guy.
property taxes keeps the "shit out"...
schools are a local issue...not state and for tha matter all taxes should be..fuck the green man in a blue shirt
Whitney is looking better all the time.
My co-worker is running as a write in because he couldn't stand the options.
*shrugs*
Post a Comment