
I listened to a custom rant for about 20 minutes this afternoon about how there is very little basic, common sense and desire to treat people fairly in this world anymore. He's correct. He hopes that the "computer people", as he refers to his grandchildren and their peers (us) will see what's going on and turn things around.
O.K. So, what do you guys and gals want to do about this problem?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I wondered why there was such an anti old guy response, then I saw that did not make my point clear at all! The old guy blames the generation between his and ours. He hopes that WE will undo what has been done by our preceding generation - the out of control corporate disregard for decency, honesty and integrity.
O.K. So, what do you guys and gals want to do about this problem that we did not create?


8 comments:
Let's ask Wikipedia.
I say we all spend all of our free time chasing the computer people off our lawns with a rake.
That'll learn 'em.
Control-Alt-Delete.
Eat the old grumpuses!!!
Oh Sorry, that (update) changes everything.
I say we all spend all of our free time chasing the computer people's parents off our lawns with a rake.
That'll learn 'em.
Read history. Teach kids about the Depression. Get out the lawn chairs and sit on the patio. Plant gardens. Jar yer own pickles. Tell the 7-year old fatboy to get his mits out of the fruit bowl even if he's not yer kid. Volunteer at a food pantry or whatever. Boycott all products that use a Who song in their commercial. I didn't get no allowance. If I needed money for something stupid, I snuck into the golf course at night and fished golf balls out of the creek. Then I washed em, and sold em back to the dumbasses who knocked em in the creek in the first place. These teenagers nowadays they wouldn't think of doing that. They want it, they get it. Right now. Instant gratification. Blame it on the Flower Children. Gah!
I think olekobe's got it right.
This is tough stuff. I think we could solve a lot of problems if the world lived by Di's Life Philosophy which consists of:
1. Try to be good people.
2. Be nice
3. Remain open.
Simplistic? yes, but that's why everyone can do it. Even the stupid.
)O(
Post a Comment