Monday, June 19, 2006

More Junk on the mp3 Player

I love this thing!

I'm trying to catch up with decades of music that I've missed. So, forgive my goings on about stuff that the rest of you cool kids who didn't waste time listening to total crap have already been through.

P.J. Harvey - Eh. I might have been more impressed then.

Sampling of 60's Dylan that edP gave to me - Some I've already heard and liked. I can't say that it makes me a huge fan, but I can see why it's so regarded. As an aside, I still like the old Springsteen stuff (generally dislike much of the post Born To Run), but I think he owes royalties to Dylan.

Shame - No shame in that. Kurt is a madman.

US Maple Talker - Good, but not nearly as good as Purple On Time.


I'm really sensitive about my lack of exposure to music, and therefore am somewhat bashful about my opinions, but I'm trying to get over that. For a guy who is supposed to be a musician, I really know nothing about music.

8 comments:

P-Dizzle said...

Get on it, Old Dog!

I'm still scared of MP3 players, still wasting money on CDs all the time.

olddogdk said...

Of course, I still plan to buy music. I don't want to just rip it off all the time. Y'see, I can buy a CD and then rip it onto the computer and upload it to the player (or playa). I definitley plan to purchase all of the stuff that I've gotten for free.

In other news, the moon landing was faked.

big sky said...

Old Dog, your too cool to have to know everything there is to know about music (too many tos in that sentence). About the Vince post- you know each year, my class loves hearing this story at Halloween time with all the blinds closed and a flashlight lighting my face. Lots of wide eyes and oohs and ahhs.

olddogdk said...

If your students repeat that, it could become a legendary campfire story.

edP said...

Old Dog - good luck tomorrow buddy. We're all pulling for ya - let us know if you need anything.

Michael K said...

U.S. Maple sucks ass. I have only ever seen them live and never did I see anything I liked at all. Maybe their recordings are better? Let me know.

I hope the surgical things went good and you are totally stoned outta yer mind right now. Codeine is a dangerous drug that should be taken seriously but mostly it should be taken frequently. Maybe one day I'll break my fingers again.

olddogdk said...

Thanks, y'all. I'm going under the knife at 8:30am on Thursday.

Happy blogging.

P-Dizzle said...

Good luck today, mon chien ancien!

About Me

My photo
Wise beyond my years.