Norm Chompski asks:
Dear Old Dog,
I'm currently in a rock and roll band in the process of recording our first album. It's been quite a process but ultimately very rewarding.
The thing is, we are having trouble deciding on a name. Every few months, we'll change it, and say it's final, and announce it to everybody--and then change it again.
What can we do about this pickle?
_________________
Well, Norm Chompski, I think that you're doing the right thing. Not only are you probably getting some good feedback from people about your name along the way, it also shows that you're willing to try out new things in public view - not only material, but the process of creating and forming the band. It's interesting and works on a deeper level than simply picking a name that "sounds good" and in vogue, appealing to the popular preference for form over substance.
It's obvious that you are a clueless, pretentious weenie who is trying to impress everyone by dropping hints as to who your favorite author is; otherwise, you would have recognized all of this. Since the notion of choosing a name with meaning has escaped you, why don't you just name your band "Tarantino" to show everyone how cool it is that you're into Tarantino films. Or how about, "Rage Against The Machine"? That would show how rebelious and political you are. Oh, wait! I forgot that some other shitty band already took that name.
I hope that I've helped you, Norm. Good luck with the band.
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment