Thursday, May 25, 2006

Enjoying My Vacation

No, really. I'm sure that none of you can relate to this, but I enjoy not having to go to a job. I've forgotten what it's like to take more than a couple of days off at a stretch. I could get used to this.

Still, I can't sleep past 8am. I'm glad about that. I know that being on vacation means that I should be sleeping in until 1pm, then cracking a beer and watching the Beverly Hillbillies, but I just can't do that. Intead, I've been slooooowly knocking things off of a to do list. Nothing major, just little crap that I could get done in a weekend, but I'm stretching it out. The rest of the time has been filled with taking a trip out to see my family in the burbs, touring the blogosphere, hanging out with the cat, reading a little bit and, as you can see, cranking out another Cousin Billy Joel project.

My big sister is back in town. She's the bestest big sister in the whole wide world! She gave me an mp3 player. It's cool, and one of the things that I would have put off getting for myself until eternity. I will always find a reason to not get something that I want. I'll buy bass gear because I need it, but I just feel wierd buying something like an mp3 player. It seems indulgent. It's difficlult even bring myself to buy essential things, like shoes and clothing when I need that. I know that I'll be one of those tidy old men that has 5 shirts, 4 pairs of pants and always has the same stupid hat on.

I should spend some time outside tomorrow.

3 comments:

DC Liar said...

Re: Tidy Old Man

Not a bad plan.
I fully intend on spending my twilight years wearing a linen suit with Panama hat, sitting in a rocking chair on the front porch, sipping Bourbon on the rocks, clutching a shotgun, and yelling indiscriminate obscenities at anyone who wanders past.

Michael K said...

Josh, so basically you're just gonna change clothes.

DC Liar said...

And get old.

About Me

My photo
Wise beyond my years.