While I have the bacon wrapped weenie still fresh in my mind (much fresher than they can be found at the buffet), I'd like to declare May to be Francheezie month.
A Francheezie, of course, is a hot dog (or Polish) cut down the middle, stuffed with American cheese and wrapped in bacon. If you've never had one, do yourself a favor and get one. You can find them on the menu at most greasy diners. For those of you in Chi-Town, I'll recommend Zephyr. I've also found a blogger who is passionate about the Francheezie with his/her own recommended spot to obtain one:
http://www.chicagofoodies.com/2005/09/francheezie_cam.html
If you are not into eating meat, then I recommend that you try building your own with the Morningstar Dog and your favorite fake bacon. I'm sure that will also be good, and will allow you to participate in this celebration.
I plan to celebrate at The Junction. It's been far too long since I've had one there; it will also mark the end of my Junction Francheezie boycot that began years ago when I bit into a broken toothpick while enjoying the king of all bad-for-you food items.
Happy Francheezie month!
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Is it not also deep fried? If you are really adventurous, get the chili Francheezie. It's a race with the devil to get home after ingesting one of those beauties.
Race home, my ass. I couldn't make it to the restaurant's men's room.
Actually, the Cambridge house was torn down about 2 months ago. I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of the francheezies. I think if you deep fry them, they're a "Texas Tommy."
Hey, my mom is a big fan of the Junction Francheezie.
(Don't anyone make a joke out of that, please.)
it reminds me of the german sausage called berner wurstel.. it's cheese-filled sausage wrapped in bacon
Post a Comment