Way to go, Lady Di. You totally called me out on my weak blogging. That's Moxy (Which happens to be the name of a pretty cool store in DeKalb that you should visit).
I just learned today about a little production called "Loose Change" by a couple of young morons who believe that U.S. Military planes crashed into the World Trade Center on 9/11 as part of a conspiracy to get us into a war. They also believe that no plane crashed into the Pentagon, that it was a cruise missile that our military fired. While I think that there is plenty of room for argument on both sides over reasons and a need for invading Iraq, it just boggles my mind that enough people really think that there is something to these stupid conspiracy theories that normal people are actually talking about it!
I don't know why this is bothering me so much. I've tried to just ignore all the lunacy and feel sorry for them, and I'm certain that the internets are amplifying the whole thing, but I think that I might be a little bit offended that it has to occupy so much of my visual field (limited, though it is). I also can't help but be worried that if enough people buy into it, that it might be regarded as a legitimate position. My heart dropped when I heard Charlie Sheen talk about it, because it means that it will start getting the hollywood/entertainment traction that other jive-ass crap (like Scientology and fad Kabala) gets.
I'm happy to listen to the argument that, aside from Afghanistan, we invaded the wrong country, but I just cannot get past feeling sick about having to listen to an argument that mis-identifies the culprits in what happened that day!
Friday, April 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Paulio mentioned "Loose Change" last weekend.
Does anyone remember the 'X-Files' spin-off 'The Lone Gunmen'?
No, huh?
Well, the plot line of the pilot episode (released in 2000) was about the U.S. military attempting to crash a plane into the World Trade Center as part of a conspiracy to get us into a war.
If you have to come up with a crazy conspiracy theory, try not to crib it from a crappy spin-off.
Fucking tards.
Back in September of '01 I was working with a group of Small-Business defense contractors out here in DC. The administration's defense appropriations bill was being dismantled by Congress.
I remember that while fleeing the city (on foot) on 9/11 I quipped "Well, it looks like Cheney has his defense funding. Someone should make sure he didn't do it himself."
I said this to a couple of my friends who worked in the Old Executive Office Building for the VP. It was gallow's humor, and that was understood.
Now it kills me that 5 years later idiots are actually taking this shit seriously.
Some of my other fav crackpot theories:
The moon landing was fake. FOX did a whole show on this a few years back and it appeared that they supported it.
The holocaust was fake. I actually know a few people who believe this one.
OJ is innocent. My dad believes this one.
we have that lone gunmen episode on video. it's actually really weird.
i went to a conspiracty convention a couple years ago and it was ALL 911 shit. some guy was claiming to have worked on the jet-remote-device that the gov't used to fly the planes into the WTC. he had a funny hat on.
It's what's under the hat that funny!
Tom, what were you doing at a conspiracy convention, and how much investigation did you have to do to find out about it? Was it secret? Was it - A CONSPIRACY?
Did you hear the conspiracy theory that Bush, Blair and the Queen are actually alien lizards from outer space and they have supreme intelligence? I think it was on Discovery - no lie. I thought Discovery was supposed to be educational.
search for 'david icke'. he's all about the lizard theory..he was probably on that special.
i went to the convention to see 'richard hoagland' speak..he's the original 'face on mars' guy. he was talking about man-made domes and structures on the moon. he sucked.
The biggest problem with David Icke and his ilk is that they promise to have all the answers and then they make you pay for all of it. There are links all over his website that promise to teach you all he knows and when you click on them you get taken to another site to buy his books or pay to listen to his speeches. These guys are just more money grubbing scum that take advantage of people's natural curiousity and want for truth. Fucking assholes! This is the shit that makes me want to explode. I truly love people and want everyone to be happy but I would not hesitate to put a bullet in that guy's head. I guess it's lucky for all that I don't own a gun.
Post a Comment