It was a successful trip. Good test results from the doc, but I'll have to go back later in the summer. I highly recommend the Wheaton Eye Clinic. Top notch.
We didn't end up having time to search for one of the cool little diners that we passed by sometime before. At least, we recalled seeing a couple of cool little diners. So, it was the convenience of Baker's Square that got us. That's O.K. We actually kinda like those places where all the oldies hang out. We always feel very young there and at Colonial Cafe, or other places popular with the over 60 crowd. I went with the chicken ceasar pita and the wife had the Bacon Lover's BLT, but couldn't finish it. I tried 3 times and failed at the claw machine. I really wanted the crazy looking stuffed dog, but I also went for the purple hippo. I think I was robbed on the hippo; the claw moved back after I stopped it, dead-center over it. Steener can verify that. I was about to pull out the, "You dirty mother-...", but I restrained myself.
All-in-all, a good day.
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Ah, the Colonial. The West-Plaza shop was my coffee and cigarettes hangout in my teens.
At one time I think that I'd slept with half the waitresses in that joint. That's nothing to be proud of; I should just keep my big e-mouth shut.
I'm big on oldies in the diner and lite rock in the air. It doesn't get any more coccoon-like (how do you spell 'cocoon?') Thus the Parkway is my Mecca.
Actually (per DC's exciting revelation) the Parkway inspired a genius idea of mine to make baseball cards, except with your favorite waitresses. Instead of hitting stats would be bio information and "hopes and dreams."
Glad to hear about your eye.
I am not a diner kind og guy anymore. It was cool to hang out and smoke and drink endless cups of coffee in my teens and twenties but if I stll did that shit I would be deader than a doornail. A strong cup o Joe is all I can handle in the morning now and maybe a few diet Dr.Peppers. Smoke free for 5 years now.
I grew up in a small town so we always hung out at truck stops. Hamilton's 76 and The Tiki off of I-80 in Peru/LaSalle were preferred spots but I understand that the Flying J is now en vogue with the coffee and cigs crowd.
Old Dog,
Sounds like a blast and goodtimes on the checkup. Nothing like an Old Country Buffet or a Baker's Square to make one feel spry and hip.
P-Dawg,
That idea is brilliant. You've found an investor as long as the Hooters waitresses aren't included (those shiny nude hose)!
Yes. I threw her around danced and stuff. Pretty gay. Thanks for outing me.
I love learning new stuff about Michael. I can totally see him singing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning."
It was Damn Yankees. The big production was "We've Got Heart."
Post a Comment