Wednesday, April 05, 2006

It's Good To Be Back

Talk about suffering! Not to mention the battle with evil that I fought to win my soul back.
Having Randy's soul in control of your body is physically demanding and a little bit shameful, but the food is great (with the exception of the 3am microwave cheeseburgers).

What does that mean, anyway "not to mention..." I just mentioned it! If I didn't mean to do it, then it was a mistake, or I really did mean to mention it.

I want to apologize to dc liar. Randy seemed to have touched a nerve. I know that the liar loves his old gas bag canine companion. He has a tough time of it these days, and having to defend his mutt is the last thing that he should have to do.

This will be a kinder, gentler blog from here on out.

I do wish to weigh in on the suffering issue. Jeanz said that Joe Hunger (which sounds like Munger) doesn't have time to think about what it's like to be hungry until he finds some food. While generally, that might be true, I don't think that we are mechanically searching for the next lever that delivers a cracker and opens the door to the next level of comfort and pleasure. Joe Hunger might never self actualize, but he's probably not counting on it, either! So, he might get on with the things that humans do, like developing his thoughts. Even under very difficult conditions, people do consider the big questions and grow, particularly spiritually. It certainly helps if you're not nervously searching for food.

If I completely misread you Jeanz, then let me join with edp in declaring that I, too, am an idiot.

You all are the best.

Viva La Goblin!

5 comments:

DC Liar said...

Just give me the word, and Milo is all yours... An old dog for the Old Dog.

Meat Head said...

Now that's the meaning of suffering!

edP said...

You've been back for almost a week and no new posts! Randy did a much better job running this thing.

tom o said...

Ran-dy..Ran-dy..Ran-dy...

Lady Di )O( said...

Viva la Hobgoblins!

Hi there OD, you've been MIA too. Were you where I was? *grin*

LadyDi

About Me

My photo
Wise beyond my years.