At practice, me and the boys were discussing practical alternatives to gas guzzling automobiles. At least, that's how I think we got on the subject of rickshaws. I don't exactly remember, because once we did, I became singly focused on the idea of using them as an alternative to gassing up the automobile for short trips around town. Sure, someone would have to pull the things, but I'm sure there are some health conscious, industrious individuals who would LOVE the excercise - and the opportunity to make some spare change (ka-ching, ka-ching!). It doesn't take a PhD to figure that out!
Some might scoff at the notion of a human carting another around in such a way, but these are desperate times. We need to re-engineer the way that we think about energy and look beyond the old moralities. After all, hasn't the real progress that has been made in society been the result of questioning old, outdated concepts of morality? If a person can carry their own weight while walking, why can't they carry the weight of another?
Imagine tooling around town, waving to your friends while you whisk by on a warm summer day from the recline of your hired rickshaw, knowing that YOU'RE not belching pertrochemical waste into the air. Now THAT'S progressive!
Saturday, March 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Other News Sources
About Me
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(117)
-
▼
March
(21)
- Another Musical Masterpiece (or, a piece of someth...
- No, I am not Randy!
- Buck Owens
- Are Rickshaws The Answer To Our Dependance On Mide...
- The Face of Democracy
- Now For Something Fun!
- Unpublished
- New Feature Of The New Old Dog Blog - Music
- Oldies and The Clippers
- The Garbage My Friend, Is Blowing In The Wind
- Crazy Old Dog Is Bloggin' Again!
- Gas Prices
- Otto Von Bismarck
- I Am One Of Them
- Somebody Buy This Kid A Chapman Stick
- Nice Quote
- What a Freakin' Day!
- I'm Much Better Looking Than George Clooney
- George Clooney Is An Ass
- More About Eating
- Grrrrr!
-
▼
March
(21)


6 comments:
YES! A great idea! I'm particularly sold by the idea of waving to friends as I ride--nice job selling!
Would I get arrested for DWI if Drinky Joe was pulling my rickshaw
I don't that you'd get far, edp.
when i lived in madison i wanted to buy a rickshaw and wait outside the bars on state street at 2am. $10 uphill, $5 downhill.
Is one passenger the standard or two? For some reason I picture two, but that's probably a little tough to pull. The reason I ask is because I'm trying to figure if one would be too wide for the bike lanes in the city.
Why haven't hippy groups started something like this? Oh right, pulling a rickshaw is work. I want to whip a hippy. "Faster, hippy! My brain requires sweet liquor!"
As usual, Old Dog, you are brilliant.
...The Little Rickshaw Boy looked gravely ill
As he staggered on so slow I could have killed
I suffered such grave inconvenience
I could hardly be expected to be lenient
said run you nasty Little Rickshaw Boy
Just as we got to the bank the boy collapsed
In a puddle of mud and filth he gasped his last
And I stepped over him as expired
Then I turned around and said you're fired
You sickly lazy Little Rickshaw Boy
You Little Rickshaw Boy
~The Upper Crust, Let them Eat Rocque
Post a Comment