Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Grrrrr!

I know that I'm really not getting Lent off to a good start by complaining about the loud, obnoxious young adults in the pew behind us, but they were very, very annoying and I wanted to hurt them! They just would not shut up the whole time. "Yappa, yappa, yappa. I don't wanna be here. I can't wait to get out of here!" Everyone around them did their best to give the subtle signals that indicate what a bunch of shits they were being, but they just didn't get it. You might wonder why nobody just told them to shut the hell up. Well, it's not that simple. Once you start that kind of dialogue, it can get out of hand. The whole thing doesn't last long enough to distract yourself even further by telling adults to be quiet for the people who wish to be there or to suggest that they leave. It shouldn't have to be said!


I should have been happy that they were there, sharing in a very important part of Catholic life, but instead, they made me angry and I wished they would leave.
I hope they got more out of it than just a dirty forehead.

2 comments:

P-Dizzle said...

If this keeps up Palm Sunday's gonna be a bitch.

Michael K said...

What's to complain about? You get to miss the first couple periods of school to go to church.

On the other hand, when I was a young church goer, we used to sit in front and try to make the alter boys laugh. A little blasphemous but nothing a few Hail Marys couldn't wash away.

About Me

My photo
Wise beyond my years.