Tall, regular Harbucks, black on the way home. Energy to blog (Energy Joe!).
Drove out to the big city this morning. Met the Steener, her cousin and cousin's husband. Went to lunch at Flattop Grill. I gotta say, I liked it! I had them whip-up a spicy little beef and greens number - twice! Mmmmmmm.
Me and Steener then went to visit the Big D, Laura and baby. I had to see the kid in person, mainly to confirm that she was real and not a CG rendering by D. Hey, you never know! All I had seen are pictures, and he's pretty good at that stuff. Yea, Laura was pregnant - or was she? Could have been gas. But I held the cute little darling baby girl, and am fairly convinced now that she's for real. What can I say; I'm a skeptic.
My bachelor night, last night, was spent having dinner with the King of DeKalb (Paul), MKS, Lisa and the absent, but promised, presence of Woodburn. As usual, I had the Number 5 (bean tostada, bean taco and cheese enchilada - with beans) and two margarita's. I opted out of going to the bar afterward. This time, I listened to the little voice in my head saying, "You'll blow a bunch of money on cheap bourbon and trash your throat on second hand smoke!" Sadly, I am but a shell of my former self. You remember: I was pretty good at washing down a pack of Marlboro reds with a pint of Jim Beam. Now, I would rather be home, camped out on the couch, watching the conspiracy and psuedo-science programs. I wanted to belt out with the guitar, but the neighbor above was home, and it was too late for that. I'm way to friggin' nice to a lady that kept us awake so many times.
Saturday, March 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Other News Sources
About Me
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(117)
-
▼
March
(21)
- Another Musical Masterpiece (or, a piece of someth...
- No, I am not Randy!
- Buck Owens
- Are Rickshaws The Answer To Our Dependance On Mide...
- The Face of Democracy
- Now For Something Fun!
- Unpublished
- New Feature Of The New Old Dog Blog - Music
- Oldies and The Clippers
- The Garbage My Friend, Is Blowing In The Wind
- Crazy Old Dog Is Bloggin' Again!
- Gas Prices
- Otto Von Bismarck
- I Am One Of Them
- Somebody Buy This Kid A Chapman Stick
- Nice Quote
- What a Freakin' Day!
- I'm Much Better Looking Than George Clooney
- George Clooney Is An Ass
- More About Eating
- Grrrrr!
-
▼
March
(21)


3 comments:
Okay, that's it. I'm gonna try like hell to get back to D-Town sometime next month. You desperately need a bad influence in your life (if only for a weekend).
I've conjured the devil.
Blog on blogger
Post a Comment