I'm not sure why I care, but George Clooney just said (while accepting his Oscar) that he's glad that Hollywood is out of touch with the rest of the country, because it was the Academy that "talked about civil rights when blacks were still sitting in the backs of theaters". Meaning, that the rest of us in America are a bunch of ignorant racists.
It wasn't the Academy of Motion Fucking Picture Arts and Sciences that made everyone aware of the legal inequalities of race then, it was people living and working everyday with it, gnawing at their collective consciences-- the great-grandparents, grandparents and parents of all of the people today that George Clooney thinks are stupid, because they aren't actors like him.
What a self important jerk.
Sunday, March 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Other News Sources
About Me
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(117)
-
▼
March
(21)
- Another Musical Masterpiece (or, a piece of someth...
- No, I am not Randy!
- Buck Owens
- Are Rickshaws The Answer To Our Dependance On Mide...
- The Face of Democracy
- Now For Something Fun!
- Unpublished
- New Feature Of The New Old Dog Blog - Music
- Oldies and The Clippers
- The Garbage My Friend, Is Blowing In The Wind
- Crazy Old Dog Is Bloggin' Again!
- Gas Prices
- Otto Von Bismarck
- I Am One Of Them
- Somebody Buy This Kid A Chapman Stick
- Nice Quote
- What a Freakin' Day!
- I'm Much Better Looking Than George Clooney
- George Clooney Is An Ass
- More About Eating
- Grrrrr!
-
▼
March
(21)


4 comments:
Shit, I missed the Oscars.
I missed everything after Clooney. How I miss Rosemary!
You are correct sir!
But Steve Carell done up with fake eyelashes was priceless. I wish I worked at Dunder-Miflin. At least I can access Dwight's blog at "Schrute-Space". Loving it.
Uh oh! Sounds like Joey needs a nap. By the way, we DO live in a nation full of ignorant biggots. Clooney did come off as being self important but he's no Bono or Sting. Can't we be pissed at those bastards? I hate all those European fuckers!
Post a Comment