I'd like to thank Josh for the heads up on the quote. Here's what might be the actual quote:
"Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made."
It turns out that he has some other good ones:
"A journalist is a person who has mistaken their calling."
"I have seen three emperors in their nakedness, and the sight was not inspiring."
"Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied."
"There is a Providence that protects idiots, drunkards, children and the United States of America."
"When you want to fool the world, tell the truth."
"The secret of politics? Make a good treaty with Russia."
"The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood."
And, my favorite:
"Politics is the art of the next best."
Friday, March 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Other News Sources
About Me
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(117)
-
▼
March
(21)
- Another Musical Masterpiece (or, a piece of someth...
- No, I am not Randy!
- Buck Owens
- Are Rickshaws The Answer To Our Dependance On Mide...
- The Face of Democracy
- Now For Something Fun!
- Unpublished
- New Feature Of The New Old Dog Blog - Music
- Oldies and The Clippers
- The Garbage My Friend, Is Blowing In The Wind
- Crazy Old Dog Is Bloggin' Again!
- Gas Prices
- Otto Von Bismarck
- I Am One Of Them
- Somebody Buy This Kid A Chapman Stick
- Nice Quote
- What a Freakin' Day!
- I'm Much Better Looking Than George Clooney
- George Clooney Is An Ass
- More About Eating
- Grrrrr!
-
▼
March
(21)


1 comment:
Thank you Old Dog,
Now I'm seriously considering getting the 'Providence' quote tattooed on my ass-cheek.
Post a Comment