Friday, March 03, 2006

More About Eating

EdP says that all of my posts come back to eating. He's correct. So, with this one, I'll get right to the point.

Today at work is what we call Donut Day. You might call it Doughnut day, or if you're German, then you call it Donutstag. Donut Day falls on the first Friday of each month. The purpose of it is to celebrate all birthdays that fall in that month, avoiding an endless succession of stupid individual cake and balloon festivals that are lame and waste a whole bunch of time. I like that about Donut Day.

I took yesterday afternoon off and found out early this morning that Donut Day might not happen, because the big K.L. forgot to stop at the bakery on Thursday afternoon to place the order. That's always the big fear; that he'll forget the donuts. Well, he got word to us at about 7:45 this morning that he managed to get in touch with the bakery late last night, and that there would be donuts after all. A mutiny was averted.

So far, today, I've had one glazed and one sugared--both raised, naturally. Afternoon is when the switch to chocolate frosted cake donut is made. Lunch is pretty much a non-issue. I'll crave somthing salty, but will be too full to eat anything. That's actually what I'm feeling now.

So, I'm going to grab a bag of peanuts.

Froeliche Donutstag!

9 comments:

edP said...

He did say peanuts, didn't he?

edP said...

He also said bag.

Kim said...

Who is this "KL" and what are they doing with my initials?! (Which are not really "KM", as you know. Shhh!)

Kim said...

ED:

"Cake."
"Balloon."
"The big fear."
"There would be donuts."
"Both raised, naturally."
"The switch."
"Too full."
"Grab."

What do you make of this?

olddogdk said...

Kaka Mak, you remember Kevin the sound Guy at Otto's?

edP said...

Kaka - they are all things that come up on a date with the Old Dog

olddogdk said...

Real funny, Ed! "Too full" has NEVER come up. So, there!

Chris B. said...

What about when we went Saturn shopping?

Lady Di )O( said...

Nina: Now Milton, don't be greedy, lets pass it along and make sure everyone gets a piece.

Milton Waddams: Yeah, but last time I didn't receive a piece.

Nina: Just pass.

[the cake passes and everybody but Milton gets a piece]

Milton Waddams: [whispering] I could set the building on fire.

About Me

My photo
Wise beyond my years.