Friday, March 10, 2006

I Am One Of Them

Alright, I've addressed this before, but I am now solidly established as one of the freaks that hangs out at the public library. Yes, it's only during my lunch hour, but there's a regular cast of characters who either do the same, or spend hours here.

If there's no open computer, then I sit there reading a magazine until one is. We all have had to do it, and we look like vultures when we do. We glance at each other as we're reading, trying to guage who is next in line. Rarely is there a contest when one becomes available, but when that does happen, it resolves itself quickly.

Each person has their preferred place to sit and wait. Therefore, your magazine is selected from the closest shelf. I'm learning interesting things about aviation, current anthropology and architecture. I haven't worked my way down to Cat Fancy yet, but when I do, I might try to change back to my old waiting spot, near Current History.

They're starting to circle, and I have to go back to work. So, happy blogging, fellow bloggers.

1 comment:

tom o said...

if it's the dekalb public library, which i'm assuming it is, look for the old guy in the cartoon section reading youngsters pages from the 'nancy' collection. he'd be about 103 now.

About Me

My photo
Wise beyond my years.