Saturday, March 18, 2006

New Feature Of The New Old Dog Blog - Music

If you look above my "Links" section, you'll see the beginning of a new list of "Music" links.

My first selection is from a duo called Lion and Elephant. They are an actual Lion and Elephant that approached me several years ago to produce them. At first I was reluctant, because I was frightened and feared for my life. They were waiting for me behind the bar late one night. It took a while for me to understand that they weren't going to stomp me to death and then eat me, but wanted me to help them with their recording project. I brought Cousin Billy in to assist. His help with not only the technical aspects, but with both musical arrangements and in calming the frequent, violent outbursts of the artists was invaluable.

Lion and Elephant Rap is the crowning jewel of the first sessions. There were challenges - to say the least - presented by working with a pair of wild animals that had escaped from a nature reserve. As they like to say, they are "off the res", and enjoying their freedom. Their music and lyrics, particularly Rap, reflect the harships that they have endured growing up on a game reserve in the Western United States. This first track, however, is not representative of their entire body of work. The remainder reflects their positive outlook and the joy they have found, even in the face of the challenges of living as large, wild animals in modern society.

As the mixing and other production elements yield completed works, I'll make those available. For now, I hope that you enjoy Lion and Elephant Rap.

11 comments:

Michael K said...

Contagious! I listened to it over and over again! On a related note, Laura is moving out.

Chris B. said...

Ha! Similar reaction here, except I'm just not allowed to use the family stereo anymore. Hello, iPod!

Lady Di )O( said...

That was, um, interesting. I think the part I liked best was the keyboard "demo" sound.

edP said...

I think the part I liked the best was when the Lion and Elephant didn't eat the Old DOg. I love the Old Dog. I'm glad he's not eaten.

Kim said...

The question we all want to know but everyone else seems afraid to ask is: Did the PD's giraffe stop by say "hi" during this recording session?

olddogdk said...

The Prairie Dawg's crew is at odds with Lion and Elephant. It can only end in bloodshed, I'm afraid.

Lady Di )O( said...

I hope you don't mind me adding your link. Just let me know if you do mind.

Old Dog Funny!

edP said...

Sorry kaka and PDawg - but the Lion is going to kill the giraffe

Kim said...

Dear OD's Lion:

See me IMMEDIATELY.

Love,
Kaka

Gunderstorm said...

Look at you working the HTML! Nice one!

olddogdk said...

I get the feeling that "askintoo" doesn't quite get what going on here. It's almost as though it's not a real person, just some crappy advertisement blog spam.

Nah!!! That could never happen!

Thanks, askintoo!

About Me

My photo
Wise beyond my years.