Though not a true football fan or scholar of the game, I still feel the sting of defeat, the sorrow and the urge to find blame for the horrible loss on Sunday. Ed has a pretty good theory that all bad things are caused by guys named Steve, but I think that it's all the fault of Rex Grossman. Not because he played poorly (I think that he really stepped up), but because he just looks so freakin' wierd in that helmet. That stark, white skin and those too-perfect eyebrows are just wierd to look at. He looks like Billy Corgan in a football uniform. I think that on some level, it was on everyone's mind and was just too distracting. I'm sure that every player on the Bears' defensive line had difficulty keeping the image out of their heads after having to see him maybe only a few minutes before on the sideline.
Monday, January 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Other News Sources
About Me
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(117)
-
▼
January
(19)
- Declaring Joehad
- More about Ask The Old Dog
- Table 22
- No More Ask The Old Dog
- Ask The Old Dog
- Ask The Old Dog
- Ask The Old Dog
- Ed Pissy
- Big Eatin' Weekend
- Appearances
- Dafeated
- Chili
- The Magic Buffet
- I Think I Won The Deathmatch
- Family Time
- Worst Night Of My Life
- My Second Post Of The Evening
- My Strange Way Of Life
- Bring it on!
-
▼
January
(19)


3 comments:
Actually, I think the 'Rex Grossman looks weird' theory is even better than my 'guys named Steve' theory. Good work here Old Dog.
His name is Gross-man. I think that says it all.
Constantly appearing to be on the verge of tears might have something to do with it too.
Post a Comment