Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I Think I Won The Deathmatch

As far as deathmatches go, it wasn't very dangerous - not much chance of death, only humuliation. And, if that is the measure of the Old Dog vs. Dark Squirrel Deathmatch of Jan 07, 2006, then I think I won.

It's not that I was avoiding the Death Match, it's just that The Dark Squirrel was busy playing, and I was busy playing. It finally came, though, when he opened his mouth to trash talk and intimidate me from the stage. It started with some rambling about how the word on the street was that The Old Dog would win, because he's a dog, but that this time a squirrel will beat a dog. He then somehow managed to say that my nuts would end up in his mouth. I didn't really have to do much.

There was a weak attempt at the end of the night to short me $10 on our share of the door, but Steener was paying attention and pointed it out. She then asked, "Was that the Death Match, Alex?" He said, "Yes. Yes, it was. I almost had him."

Brings back memories of the pop fly he hit years ago:

A: "This one's for the ladies!"

S: "You're out, Alex."

Game over.

2 comments:

edP said...

I think that was the greatest moment I ever witnessed on the softball diamond...and I was a member of the Auricles.

You go Steener!

Chris B. said...

They're all for the ladies, as it turns out.

About Me

My photo
Wise beyond my years.